I recently shared my first impressions of working at CloudShare with you, and I managed to throw in some “unfair” generalizations about tech companies.
Now that it’s been almost an ENTIRE MONTH and I’ve been fully immersed in all things cloudy, I’ve decided it’s time to tell you more about my experience so far and how working here is changing me. For better or worse? I’ll let you decide.
- I’m becoming a nerd. And fast. Capital F. Capital A. Capital S. Capital T. (see, I actually get that joke now)
- I’m starting to BING things. Ok, not really. But, again, I now get the joke.
- I can create templates now! I mean, other people have to fill them in, but I can create the shell. This is a big deal for me.
- Time FLIES. Sometimes it’s as though I blink and it’s 4pm. Great feeling.
- Actual SharePoint MVPs are following me on Twitter. They’re following ME. I tweet about the environment, social movements, and food, and stuff.
- I’m excited that SharePoint MVPs are following me on Twitter.
- I now know what it means to be a SharePoint MVP and I’m learning all of the big names in the community. Did someone say Christian Buckley?
- Sometimes I listen to Horse’s End.
- I can make videos like this one as part of my job. Really. I get paid to film people in the office and post on YouTube.
- I get to be surrounded by very smart and creative people who like to get things done. Meetings are no longer the bane of my existence and instead short and productive. Collaboration here actually means something and isn’t just a “buzz word” everyone feels they should be using. This, in turn, makes me more productive and excited to get things done. Pretty cool.
Well, that’s it for now. I hope you enjoy the weekend. Will I be seeing you at SPTechCon 2012 in San Francisco? Yes, I know what that is, I’m going, and I’m excited. Nerd.