Defining Sales Engineering
First things first. We need a definition of what a Sales Engineer does.
- What is sales engineering?: This glossary post dives into what a sales engineer does and what makes the job so important. We also go into the right tools for the job, how SEs are needed for cybersecurity, as well as the best ways to train sales engineers.
- Sales Demos: Here is another informative definition of what sales demos entail and how sales engineers can get the most out of their demos when showing off their products as well as how it all relates to RevOps.
Your Sales Engineer Career
- [eBook] 12 Ways to Chart a Successful Career in Sales Engineering: Read this eBook which takes advice from John Care and Peter Cohan, as well as other informative sources to give you an edge on moving up in your SE career.
- [Webinar] How to Maximize Your SE Salary: The Inside Scoop: Watch We The Sales Engineers founder, Ramzi Marjaba, and our own Lee Berkman discuss how SEs can grow their salary and other tips for beginner, as well as advanced, sales engineers.
- [Blog] The Cost of Sales Engineer Training for Employees: This post will help you understand the importance, as well as costs, of training for sales engineers in your company.
SE Metrics for You and Your Team
- [eBook] 9 Metrics to Help You Build a More Effective Sales Engineering Team: We teamed up with Matt Darrow, CEO of Vivun to create a comprehensive eBook that dives into measuring anything from outcome to attach rate to support ratio to deal efficiency.
- [Whitepaper] 6 Valuable Metrics to Determine Sales Engineers’ ROI: If you are looking to improve the performance of your SEs, check out this checklist and see if your sales engineers are worth their price.
- A Guide to Proving the True Value of Sales Engineering Teams to the C-Suite: Learn from a number of top SE managers the top 5 metrics to prove to upper management how valuable your department is and to get the support you need to grow.
Sales Engineering Skills
- 7 Technical Sales Engineer Training Topics that Drive Better Business Results: SEs are valued based on their skill sets which help them become even more proficient in a multitude of skills. Here are the 7 top skills to train your SEs on.
- [Webinar] The 2024 Sales Engineer: John Care presents his take on what sales engineers are doing today, how the job has evolved thus far, and why you won’t have a job going forward if you don’t learn specific skills.
- [eBook] Has the Demo Died? Four Experts Weigh-In On the Past, Present and Future of Sales Engineering: John Care, Peter Cohan, Rich Chiarello, and Rob Falcone explain why demos are evolving and pathways to success using demos and other SE skills.
- [Whitepaper] How to Deliver a Killer Sales Demo: This document offers insights into the way sales demos have been given and how to make sure yours stack up. Savor these 3 steps to keep your audience engaged and ready to buy.
Sales Engineer Experts
- 10 Sales Engineering Experts You Should Be Following on Twitter: Read this post to find valuable insight into which top SEs you should follow on social media right now.