21 Critical Tools for Sales Enablement Success
In the digital world, customer expectations are more demanding than ever. The modern business user expects modern sales experiences built on the latest digital technology. As a sales enablement leader, you are faced with a lot of choices in what tools to invest in, as well as more demand from customers and employees to modernize and digitize how sales work at your organization.
We’ve talked before about how to get enablement right; but which tools can help you do that? In this blog, we’ll look at the best tools for sales enablement and how they can become a part of your strategy.
Why use digital tools for sales enablement?
Due to the broad array of tasks that sales enablement encompasses, you’ll likely need a number of software programs to deal with different areas. Some software may help to analyze contact data from emails, while others might be focused on product demos or team training—and some all-in-one solutions promise capabilities in every area of sales enablement.
If you think of sales enablement as a kind of jigsaw, each of these tools makes up a piece. They are your arsenal for getting leads, closing deals and building revenue, so prioritizing them is important. They also have to integrate and work cohesively with one another to help drive your sales team forward.
We’ve picked out 20 of the most useful, feature-packed tools from seven key areas of sales enablement and taken a closer look at each. This should help you to identify where you can reinforce your sales enablement approach using dedicated software.
‘Training’ can mean two things: training your own salespeople to help them develop, and training customers to use your product. Both of these are important in the sales enablement process because they allow your salespeople to develop the skills that make them more valuable in their role, and provide immersive training environments for prospects to test out your product properly.
- Mindtickle offers a training platform designed to help managers track knowledge gaps and upskill their teams. It uses gamification, in a similar way to learning apps like Duolingo, to keep your sales team engaged and ready to take their ability to the next level.
- Showpad Coach presents itself as an all-in-one platform to help businesses not only onboard and train their salespeople but also upskill them so they can strive for even greater excellence. Designed to integrate seamlessly with an organization’s technology stack, the platform also provides AI-assisted coaching.
- CloudShare offers the next generation of hands-on virtual training with instructor-led and self-paced learning. Spin up training environments in minutes—perfect for training your own team and for educating prospects about how your product can help them achieve their business goals.
Process Management and Automation Tools
You can save a lot of time by managing and automating processes, especially time-consuming repetitive admin tasks. This frees up your sales team’s time to do the job they were hired to do. It also makes the entire process, from pre-sales to customer success more streamlined and easier for each department to manage.
- EverAfter – Deliver personalized customer experience, at scale. Streamline operations, embrace agile processes, and personalize customer engagement. EverAfter helps you automate the mundane, unlock essential data without heavy lifting, and maintain a consistent, informed approach to every customer interaction. Evolve with an interface that adapts to your needs, keeping your customer-facing teams effective and focused.
- Dooly enables sales professionals to surface personalized battle cards, talking points, and content during calls to get more from interactions with prospects. The app also brings together information from managing meetings to pipeline and call notes—everything your salespeople need in one place.
- Pega is a low-code automation sales enablement platform, so anyone with basic knowledge of app logic can use its features. It tracks your activity and creates automation based on how your salespeople do their day-to-day work. In the case of sales emails, it could mean simplifying email inboxes, suggesting responses, or automatic replies.
- SugarCRM leverages powerful built-in automation to significantly streamline customer relationship management, reducing both errors and workloads. Branding itself as the world’s most intelligent CRM, it’s built to not only provide a single source of truth for customer data but also to make that source accessible to anyone and everyone who needs it.
A strategic approach to sharing and curating your content should be one of the central themes of your sales enablement strategy—something to look for in new tools for sales enablement. Content management platforms help both sales and marketing take a unified approach to creating leads.
- Seismic is presented as an all-in-one sales enablement platform. It covers a huge area of sales enablement, focusing mainly on content management and delivery, strengthening communication between sales and marketing. It also provides productivity tools for salespeople.
- Showpad provides a single content management platform for both sales and marketing to share, access and analyze the performance of content. It creates a central hub for both teams and allows you to continue refining your sales enablement approach.
- Guru is geared toward real-time sales content surfacing to help salespeople banish the phrase, “I’ll get back to you on that one”. It provides a content center that makes finding relevant information easier for sales professionals, on the fly.
Sales Engagement and Revenue Intelligence
Knowing who you’re selling to is crucial for salespeople. And the better you know your prospect, the better chance you have of being able to convert them. Engagement and revenue intelligence platforms provide sales teams with everything they need to know about potential customers to help bring them onboard.
- Outreach provides analytics on how your content is being received, who is reacting to it, and more. It builds a bank of useful content data to help you personalize communications, so you only show prospects content that will engage them.
- SalesLoft provides salespeople with data-specific insights that help them to convert prospects. The platform features tools to help forecast revenue, keep track of pipeline and use data analytics to report on outcomes.
When your strategy is working well, you want to be able to know why, and then do more of it. Similarly, when there’s a problem you want to be able to pinpoint it, so it isn’t repeated in the future. Analyzing and reassessing your sales enablement process will help you to build a culture of continuous improvement in your business.
- Highspot tracks usage and engagement across channels to show you which assets are getting the best response from your prospects. It connects content performance stats with CRM data to give you an overview of all your sales and marketing activity in one place.
- Snowflake was designed with one purpose in mind – breaking down data silos to make it easier for organizations to access critical insights. Although not technically an analytics tool on its own, the platform is designed to support data analysis at any scale and integrates readily with many of the most popular analytics tools, including Talend, Sigma and Alteryx.
- Mixpanel is a powerful and intuitive product analytics tool designed to provide organizations with deep insights into the entire customer experience, up to and including the specifics of how they interact with the company’s products. With an intuitive user interface and a number of visualization tools, the platform is also supported by a powerful SDK and multiple integrations.
Sales enablement relies on up-to-date data about prospects and competition so your sales team can work strategically to win leads in competitive marketplaces. Sales enablement software can help here by providing more intelligent ways to manage and share this data.
- Klue draws on data from millions of sources, including LinkedIn, your mailbox, Slack, Word docs, etc. then uses AI to surface the most useful competitive intelligence for your team. You can also compare your analytics with your competitors, so you can get ahead and stay there.
- Clearbit is a smarter way to use prospect data. With features like auto-refresh to keep your database up to date. It uses more than 100 data points to automatically personalize messaging and keep lead gen forms short for higher conversion rates.
- AlphaSense is arguably one of the most powerful competitive intelligence tools on the market, combining AI search and generative AI with access to more than 10,000 data sources. The platform also features a sophisticated, highly customizable dashboard. Customers can either create their own custom searches or tap AlphaSense’s team of dedicated product experts.
Pre-sales and demos
Demos are one of the most important parts of the sales process for software companies. Equipping your sales team with a platform that can adequately convey the added value of your software to prospects could be the difference between a sale and a missed opportunity.
- Walnut.io brands itself as the world’s first full-funnel demo solution, allowing customers to build a single, dynamic interactive demo that can be leveraged for outreach, engagement, and onboarding. Designed for easy creation and delivery of demos at scale, Walnut also integrates seamlessly with existing technology stacks and offers streamlined analytics functionality.
- Vivun is an AI-powered tool designed to optimize pre-sales execution through seamless, automated interactive product experiences. Viviun augments its AI through the collective wisdom of the world’s largest pre-sales expert community and decades of industry experience.
- CloudShare allows your salespeople to create dedicated sales demo environments for virtual software demos. This lets you showcase your software in a working environment that the prospect is familiar with. You can provide hands-on experiences of real-world scenarios, so that prospects can see for themselves how your product meets—and exceeds—their requirements.
Investing in sales demo environments and training
CloudShare offers a wide range of features and functionality to boost sales enablement at your organization. From real-time analytics, industry-leading in-app video, hands-on virtual training, and sales demo environments—it does it all.
CloudShare lets your product do the talking, with hands-on demos set in personalized sandbox environments. This approach lets your prospects test out your software in real-world scenarios allowing them to properly assess its value to their organization. With CloudShare, you can engage, entertain, and inform at the sales and pre-sales stages.
Want to find out more about CloudShare’s tools for sales enablement? Contact our team or book a demo.
** This blog was originally posted in December 2021, and updated in January 2024.