Remote control: Six articles to help you work effectively from home
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Readers of our blog know each month we present a collection of great content we’ve recently read on topics like training, security and sales enablement. It’s an understatement to say the ways in which our professional world has changed since our last curation post has been significant. It’s a new business world, void of travel, in-person conferences and events.
So, while buzzwords like “machine learning” and “zero trust security” typically dominate headlines, the hot phrase now is remote-working.
Everyone’s doing it – and many are learning how on the fly.
Here are six articles to help overcome the various challenges arising from a completely remote workforce, including the lighter side – because we all could use a laugh.
- 7 secrets of successful remote IT teams (CIO) – From organizational insight to security measures, John Edwards offers 7 simple tips to get everybody working collaboratively and effectively, no matter where they’re located.
- 13 etiquette tips for video conference calls (TechRepublic) – Just in time for those getting used to the world of online meetings, N. F. Mendoza offers 13 tips to make sure your video conferencing calls are useful and a success.
- Top Tips for Secure Remote Working (Check Point Blog) – The cyber security experts from Check Point weigh in with a mix of best practices for employees and employers, ranging from personal password protection to stress testing infrastructure.
- Remote support essentials: 4 steps you can take now to keep friends and family connected (ZDnet) – While keeping in touch with colleagues is important for business, connecting with friends and family during times of social distancing is essential. Here’s some ways to ensure that happens.
- How to work from home when your kids are home, too (Altassian Blog) – Employees are not only learning how to get used to working from home but also to new “colleagues.” Our partner, Atlassian, offers some useful best practices for working at home with kids.
- The funniest posts from parents about homeschooling (Today) – During times like these, finding things to laugh about is important. Here’s something from the lighter side. Our favorite? “If you had asked me what the hardest part of battling a global pandemic would be I would have never guessed, ‘teaching elementary school math.’”
For CloudShare’s tips on working remotely, please read this blog post “Five tips to get the most out of remote working and virtual training“.
Stay home. Stay safe. And wash those hands!
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation