Software Training Platforms: the What, Why, and How
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
What is a software training platform?
Virtual learning comes in all shapes and sizes, from dedicated apps to YouTube videos, and from virtual labs to online course providers. In the professional world, the go-to training vehicle is perhaps the webinar. But, however knowledgeable or charismatic the speaker, these experiences can be passive. A webinar is a fairly good online replacement for the traditional in-person event, albeit without the networking opportunities, but it’s a long way from a cutting-edge experience.
Webinars only scratch the surface of digital training’s possibilities. Now there’s something much more sophisticated:
The next generation of software training platforms radically changes what is possible with training online (and in-person, too). These platforms offer a wide range of training capabilities, including:
- Virtual labs that simulate any environment and can be “spun up” in minutes
- Modern user experiences with in-app video and seamless integration
- Interactive hands-on training experiences for learners
- Fully customizable training experiences for instructors
- Capabilities for effective software training and business acceleration across the entire customer journey
- The ability to scale up immersive and interactive software experiences to an almost unlimited number of users
The key to this new generation of effective software training technology is that it focuses on experiences. Other platforms offer some or many of the above, but often in a way that isn’t user-friendly or catered towards a modern business user. Used to seamless experiences on consumer technology outside of work, people deserve similar experiences in their professional lives.
Why improve enterprise software training?
Experiences, experiences, experiences. That’s the simple answer to why the investment in software training technology is worth it. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Ideal for remote working – As the workplace becomes increasingly remote, in-person training simply may no longer be an option. But even in a hybrid or in-person setting, remote software training platforms have the potential to enhance experiences and achieve greater knowledge retention.
- Increased engagement and adoption – With added functionality and seamless interaction, presenters and participants are fully engaged in training. This is a sure-fire way to boost user adoption in training, which has previously been one of its greatest hurdles.
- Greater value – What better way to see the full value of something than having the time to test and play? In a training setting, this provides space to explore and lead your own learning. In terms of customer experiences, it allows you to showcase the full value of your software and demonstrate its capabilities in scenarios that identically mirror the customer’s environments. Just imagine the advantages of cybersecurity training that lets you test your defenses within real-world scenarios.
- Reduced costs – By moving training online, you can reduce associated costs with travel and bookings. Better still, you can escape the limitations of physical space and geography and open up attendee numbers significantly.
- Insights and analytics – Okay, so you’ve just delivered a great training session or a successful sales demo, but why stop there? Keeping track of analytics can provide insights to optimize experiences further.
- New possibilities – Many organizations are finding that the next generation of software training platforms are expanding what’s possible. For instance, we’ve heard from customers who have said they will not go back to in-person training events in the same way. Now, they will always accommodate virtual training, because of its scalability, reduced costs, but most of all the radically improved training experiences for all participants.
How to deliver software experiences that stick
Technology is the main factor in delivering the best experiences for customers. That’s why selecting the right training platform for your business is key. You can remain stuck with passive or otherwise dated and inadequate experiences, or you can choose a platform capable of supporting high-quality, modern learning experiences.
With CloudShare’s next-generation virtual software training platform, you can breathe life into training experiences for all participants and at all points of the entire customer journey. When it comes to software training, it’s time to think big and accelerate your business forward.
To learn more about how to improve training experiences, such as hands-on remote training, at your organization with a remote software training platform, get in contact with the team at CloudShare today. Or you can request a free demo and try CloudShare for yourself.
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation