Introducing Our New Sales Enablement Integration – Webhooks!
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Love automated workflows that make your life easier? Because if you’re into productivity hacks that streamline the way you work, you’re going to adore our new Webhooks API.
Here’s how it works.
Webhooks Sound like Greek to You? Keep Reading
Think of a webhook like your dog when you’re trying to have a snack, they have eyes and ears everywhere.
A webhook will listen out for specific events that occur inside the CloudShare product, pre-configured by you, the CloudShare customer, and then let you know automatically when they happen.
Instead of making an API call when an event occurs, CloudShare sends an HTTP request directly to whichever endpoint makes sense in your business context. Information will arrive by email, internal notification, in-workflow, or via smoke signal. (Ok, that last one’s not available yet, but it’s on the roadmap. Ok, it isn’t even on the roadmap. Jeez.)
The important thing is there’s no need for requests and no manual effort. Just real-time notifications for a list of specific events in the CloudShare product that you want the 411 on. Think training milestones, POC or demo completions, unexpected suspension or deletion of environments, spikes in costs, and much more.
Not Feeling Creative Today? Here’s How You Can Use the Webhooks API
Visibility is awesome, but Webhooks really come into their own when you use them as a part of a larger event-driven process. For example, you can trigger internal or external processes and automated workflows using iPaaS, Zapier, or Salesforce, as just a few examples.
Sales and Success teams can be automatically alerted to events so that if they see for example that users have been invited or enrolled in training, demos, or POCs but haven’t joined, they can jump in and support users proactively. This could be providing additional information to encourage participation, or with a sales enablement use case, just a friendly nudge to remind them that they haven’t completed a demo or a POC.
We’ll be rolling out event functionality over a few releases, starting with granular information on environment usage, class creation, and student enrolment, and continuing over time to provide insight into additional training events, POC events, and resource quotas.
Step into the future with us, and think about five departments that will soon benefit from automated workflows using this sales enablement integration for added visibility and control.
- Sales: Soon, Sales teams will be able to set up internal alerts for when a proof of concept or demo has been completed. Account Execs can follow up quickly, accelerating the sales cycle.
- Marketing: Track when students join a self-paced class and trigger an email nurture funnel to guide them through the content.
- Success: Notify CS managers when students don’t accept invites, so they can reach out and improve course completion and product competency rates.
- Product: Email alert technical teams to extend environment lifespans for end-users who prefer the slow and steady approach.
- Finance: On the roadmap: the ability to receive events about reaching or surpassing cost quotas, or unexpected environment creation, before it takes a bite out of the budget.
Manual Data Collection is So Last Season
Still collecting data manually from inside your training platform?
Use Webhooks to create alerts and automated processes based on any CloudShare events that come to mind, and empower sales and training teams to react in real-time. Boost user engagement, speed up slow sales cycles, and give managers all the information that they need to make intelligent decisions that supercharge ROI.
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation