Cloud computing has become an incredibly popular field for modern professionals. The cloud enables an unparalleled degree of cost-effectiveness and efficiency when it comes to hosting business workflows. Examples of cloud computing include Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
Major companies from Microsoft to Apple to IBM all use cloud services and demand for more cloud knowledge in their employees and business partners than ever before. Entire company roles have come up as a result of cloud computing, such as Cloud Application Developer, Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, and even Trainers and Instructors in Cloud Computing.
To serve this new market, it may be time to begin using a cloud-based training system to give your workforce the experience and knowledge it needs to handle cloud computing demands.
What Topics Do Cloud-based Training Labs Cover?
Colleges and universities have entire classes dedicated to cloud computing, covering a variety of topics, such as:
- Cloud service models (Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service)
- Cloud computing security training and disaster recovery
- Assessment and adoption strategies
- The implications for organizations adopting cloud technologies
- Privacy and legal compliance measures regarding the cloud
Cloud computing is quickly becoming a staple in future business, and the potential for degree advancement is large in the field when you have cloud certification.
What’s the Best Way to Administer Cloud Training?
It’s only natural for the ideal cloud computing course to take place in the cloud. Cloud-based LMS solutions use the Internet as a medium to deliver content to participants. The result is an efficient and accessible learning management system that minimizes the cost on your company.
Cloud computing online training has several advantages over traditional lab-based methods:
- Mobility. You don’t have to attend a physical meeting to take online courses. Any location with an Internet connection gives you access to all class materials, and users can use any type of device, from phones to tablets to desktops.
- Accessibility. Because of its online nature, participants do not have to be in the same continent to receive training. Companies have the flexibility to offer cloud courses to off-site and remote locations.
- Cost. Your cloud provider handles all the server maintenance and equipment sourcing, so you don’t have to. Receive cloud computing IaaS training without worrying about getting your own equipment.
- Convenience. Business professionals have tight schedules. Online learning enables them to interact with course content at any time, even during off-hours. Businesses value this benefit because it ensures productivity is not compromised for the sake of training.
- Scalability. You can run out of seats in an auditorium, but there’s no limit to how many computers you can send information to. eLearning scales well to accommodate more participants as a business expands.
- Depth. Online cloud coursework is not limited to PowerPoints and text manuals. Multimedia elements like images, videos, and interactive modules can enhance the experience. When working with the cloud, experiencing the material in a simulated environment is invaluable to ensuring knowledge retention and getting the most out of the course.
- Community. Don’t think that moving away from physical classrooms prevents users from working with peers. Participants can still interact with each other and with instructors through forums and chat rooms.
- Feedback. Many virtual IT labs have features to record the progress of participants throughout the class. Organizers can monitor how well the training is going and determine whether certain users need additional assistance.
While many companies may still prefer face-to-face training, it’s obvious that online learning is the future of cloud computing. Organizations wishing to stay competitive can’t afford not to take advantage of cloud-based training.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our growing community of professionals who leverage our award-winning IT labs