Product demo platform: What is demo software?
A product demo platform is a kind of technology that allows you to generate demos of your software so that prospective customers can see the platform in action. The environment allows you to do a number of things, including hosting live demonstrations, prerecorded demos and templates, while also allowing the customer to utilize an instance of your software for a set period of time.
What is the purpose of a product demo platform?
Product demos are a vital part of the sales process for many kinds of software. A good SaaS product demo can convince leads that your solution is right for them and help close deals. Product demo platforms are designed to improve existing software demo processes.
Traditionally, salespeople at software businesses could provide product demos in one of two ways:
- In-person software demos: The salesperson visits a customer’s office and brings a computer loaded with your software. They then show your prospective customer how the technology works.
- Online software demo: It is increasingly common for salespeople at software companies to deliver demos over the internet. They will typically use a video conferencing platform and share their screen to show how the product works.
A product demo platform is designed to offer a more interactive approach than these traditional methods. Interactive demo software allows your salespeople to do things like:
- Generate realistic preloaded scenarios with your software
- Create templates for demos with different kinds of customers
- Let your customers interact with the software itself
- Allow customers to add their own content or data to your demo environment
- Let people try before they buy
What are the benefits of product demo platforms?
SaaS product demos can be significantly enhanced by using a product demo platform. Benefits of using this approach include:
- More realistic experiences: Sales demo environments can be tailored to your prospective customer’s industry.
- Faster: Product demo platforms allow you to create multiple templates for different kinds of customers. Your sales teams can then simply generate these template environments and prepare for their product demos faster.
- More convincing: If a software sales demo environment is personalized to the lead, it is easier for them to imagine its benefits. They are therefore more likely to be convinced that your technology is suitable for them.
- Interactive and “hands-on”: Interactive demo software allows the end-user to explore an instance of your environment for a set period of time. By being able to use the technology for themselves, they are more likely to convert.
- More engaging: “Hands-on” experiences that allow the customer to interact with a personalized environment are simply more engaging. This will make your company’s technology stand out from the crowd and showcase its full value.
How to deliver a product demo?
- Prepare a clear and concise script that highlights the key features and benefits of your product.
- Create visual aids, such as slides or videos, to supplement your demo and make it more engaging.
- Practice your demo beforehand to ensure that you are comfortable with the material and can deliver it smoothly.
- Make sure to have a clear agenda and time limit for your demo.
- Tailor your demo to your specific audience, highlighting how your product can solve their pain points or challenges.
- During the demo, actively engage with your audience by asking questions, encouraging feedback, and addressing any concerns they may have.
- Follow up with any necessary material or next steps after the demo.
Product demo platforms equal more sales
The main goal of a product demo platform is to boost your company’s sales by improving customer experiences. By offering more personalized, interactive, and relevant demo experiences, prospective clients are more likely to be convinced that your offering is right for them.