Virtual Training Platform
The invention of the Internet has made it easier than ever to access the information you want and need. No matter what topics you want to learn about, there’s a high chance an online class has what you need.
Businesses have invested immensely in IT training labs for this purpose. Let’s talk about online training and how your company can benefit from it.
What Are Virtual Training Labs?
Virtual training labs are the environments where online learning takes place. Organizations typically deploy them for training business partners, employees, and even customers on new product developments and internal workflows. For example, potential buyers who know how to use your product are more likely to get value out of it. Training is arguably an investment into the lifetime value of a client.
These labs are virtual because hosting coursework online offers a significant advantage over traditional classroom-based instruction, especially when the participants have tight schedules and other responsibilities. eLearning is the future of corporate training, and cloud-based training labs are the tools we need to achieve it.
What Should Be Included in a Virtual Training Environment?
The resources a digital classroom has access to are what separate powerful eLearning solutions from standard ones. Make sure the platform you select offers functions such as:
- Video conferencing
- Screen sharing
- File sharing for saving documentation and presentations
- Multimedia support, including images, videos, and interactive elements
- A digital “whiteboard”
- Breakout groups for participant collaboration
Whether you’re aiming for a synchronous classroom set up for a self-paced course with pre-recorded lectures, a strong virtual platform has the solution.
What Are the Advantages of Cloud-Based Virtual Training?
Adopting online training is such a big change to an organization’s workflow, so why are virtual training platforms for businesses so popular to switch to? Some advantages of corporate eLearning are:
- Accessibility. Because everything is available online, participants have access at all times from any location with an Internet connection. Virtual training is ideal for companies serving a large number of employees or clients located in different places.
- Inexpensiveness. Online learning removes the need for physical travel and cuts down on costs and minimizes the impact on everyone’s schedule.
- Flexibility. The number of tools and features from many virtual training platform providers enables a more personalized learning experience. Interactive elements like quizzes can help gauge progress more efficiently. Visuals are easier to share online as well.
- Knowledge retention. In an industry where hands-on experience matters, virtual training allows you to simulate real-world scenarios in your coursework, enabling strong understanding and knowledge retention among your users.
While most platforms offer these benefits, they all differ in feature set and ideal use case. Choosing the right virtual labs requires a bit of detective work.
How to Determine Your Needs for a Virtual Training Platform?
To determine your needs for a virtual training platform, you will need to consider the following factors:
- Type of training: What type of training will you be delivering? Is it a one-time event or an ongoing course? Will you be delivering live or pre-recorded content?
- Target audience: Who will be participating in the training? What are their technical capabilities and needs?
- Course content: What features and functionality will you need to effectively deliver your course content? Will you need to share videos, presentations, or other multimedia content? Will you need to conduct assessments or quizzes?
- Interactivity: How interactive do you want the training to be? Will you need features such as breakout rooms, live Q&A, or polls?
- Integration: Will you need to integrate the virtual training platform with other systems, such as a learning management system or a customer relationship management system?
- Scalability: Will you need to support a large number of participants or will the training be more intimate?
- Cost: What is your budget for a virtual training platform?
By considering these factors, you will be able to identify the specific needs and requirements for your virtual training platform and select a solution that meets those needs.
What’s the Best Way To Choose a Virtual Training Platform?
How do you choose the right platform in such a competitive market? Think about who will be using your online courses and what goals you wish to accomplish. Some questions to ask yourself include:
- How many participants are you expecting? A business’s demand for training may change over the year, but the platform you select must support that demand’s peak. This question also helps you choose the platform’s payment structure, as some vendors allow you to “pay as you go.”
- Where are your users located? While virtual training is available almost anywhere, you might need to instruct clients in foreign languages. Ensure that your service supports localization in the areas you wish to serve.
- What features matter most to you? Is face-to-face instruction important to you? If so, video conferencing and screen sharing should be top priorities.